Sunday, December 30, 2012

To All the Parents of Special Quirky Superheroes!

Dear Parents of Special Quirky Superheroes,

Yes, our children are superheroes. The world through their eyes is an amazing journey! I am blessed to have a special guy in my life. Yes, there are times when I ask God, "Why?" Just that one simple question. God gave me my special superhero so that I could see the world in a different view. You see, I am a glass is half empty type of person. Before I realized what God had in store for me, I was miserable.

I want each and everyone one of you to know that someone is here that cares about you. I care about you. Oh yes, I am going there...God loves you too!

This blog and the "My Quirky Son" Facebook page are meant for you to share in your victories and in your heartaches. More than anything else, I want you to know that you are not alone. I felt this way in the beginning. I was lost, lonely, confused, and angry. Knowing that there are other parents in this world that go through similar experiences has eased those awful feelings. Thank you fellow bloggers and Facebookers! My vision is for this blog and FB page to be a valuable resource for those that feel like they have reached the end. I want them to know that it's not the end, that life is just more enhanced by having a special child.

The frustration of doctors that doubted me was one of the biggest reasons I got fed up and felt that my voice needed to heard. Who feels that one? I am sure there are many!

As 2012 comes to an end and we begin with 2013, I am revisiting this past year. So many things have happened with Eli's progress. He is talking more, he is socializing more, he has less tantrums, he is potty trained, and me, his Mommy, has learned what patience really means. At the time of all of the negative events, I thought that I would not be seeing any blessings over the past year. However, the blessings have come in many forms: Eli's teachers, his babysitters, my family, my friends, my church (especially the children's pastor and the wonderful Sunday school teachers.), and most importantly, (Here I go again...) God! Just a few days ago as I was reading different blog posts about everything people have learned or their triumphs, I thought, "This past year sucked and their wasn't any blessings." I was wrong. Eli has made some progress!

So, all you special parents, don't give up, ever! Keep the faith. Your superhero will make progress. You can help them succeed and you can be their voice!

Determination: Deciding it's worth it to finish what you started!



Happy New Year!

Blessings and Much Love,

<3 Jen

P.S.
Thank you for your sermon today SF! You truly touched my heart and your words helped me to remain determined!

No comments:

Post a Comment