Saturday, December 1, 2012

Resources-Books






So before I begin, I think in order to share resources with everyone I am going to share blog posts with different resource categories. Not sure if this will work or not but I need to start somewhere.
Research is going to be your biggest tool in finding help for your child! I haven't read all of these yet. I have read a few and found those helpful. The ones I have read will have an * by the title. As I do some more research and read more of these books, I will post what I have found and so on. Please feel free to comment with your own suggestions.



ADHD: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

1. Negotiating the Special Education Maze: A Guide for Parents and Teachers By: Winifred Anderson, Stephen Chitwood, Deidre Hayden

2. Making the System Work for Your Child with ADHD By: Peter S. Jensen, M.D.

3. Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents (Revised Edition) By:  Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D., ABPP, ABCN

4. *The ADHD-Autism Connection: A Step Toward More Accurate Diagnoses and Effective Treatment By: Diane M. Kennedy

OCD: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

1. Stuck: Asperger’s Syndrome and Obsessive-Compulsive Behaviors By: Jonathan Hoffman, PhD

2. Stop Me Because I Can't Stop Myself: Taking Control of Impulsive Behavior
by Jon E. Grant, J.D., MD, and S.W. Kim, MD

3. Helping Your Child With OCDby Lee Fitzgibbons, PhD, and Cherry Pedrick, R.N.

4. What to do When Your Brain Gets Stuck: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming OCD
by Dawn Huebner, PhD

SPD: Sensory Processing Disorder

1. Sensational Kids: Hope and Help for Children With Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
by Lucy Jane Miller

2. No Longer A SECRET: Unique Common Sense Strategies for Children with Sensory or Motor Challenges by Doreit Bialer and Lucy Jane Miller

3. *The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder, Revised Edition by Carol Kranowitz and Lucy Jane Miller

4. Parenting a Child with Sensory Processing Disorder: A Family Guide to Understanding and Supporting Your Sensory-Sensitive Child by Christopher Auer MA, Susan Blumberg PhD and Lucy Jane Miller PhD OTR


PDD: Pervasive Developmental Disorder

1. *Quirky Kids: Understanding and Helping Your Child Who Doesn't Fit In- When to Worry and When Not to Worry by Perri Klass and Eileen Costello

2. Pervasive Developmental Disorder: An Altered Perspective by Barbara Quinn and Anthony Malone

3. Autism, Asperger Syndrome and Pervasive Developmental Disorder: An Altered Perspective by Barbara Quinn

I am still researching and looking for more book ideas. I will add to this as I find more...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment