Thursday, November 29, 2012

Drained

As I write this blog at 12:35 am, I am exhausted, drained, just done...

I am so excited to be writing this blog and to be having a page on Facebook. I just want to help people. I want to help people that live in or near my community find resources to help their special kids. Originally I was going to keep all my quirky posts on my other blog:  I Am A Work of Art (with a messy room), but I have decided that they need to be 2 separate blogs.

I am frustrated with waiting for appointments, evaluations, IEP's. All of this is so confusing and quite frankly, I am feeling like I want to throw in the towel.

So far, we are awaiting a diagnosis of PDD. This is going to be further evaluated Friday, December 14, 2012 with an ADOS test. I found a private practice psychologist that will administer the test! We went to a well known facility in our area only to be told that because he communicates he has no autism. I am calling BS on that one...Correct me if I am wrong but isn't there different levels of the spectrum; some are verbal and some are non-verbal.

I keep thinking to myself that I am crazy. Am I really seeing these things? I keep going over everything again and again. My brain says this isn't what that is, it's just him being quirky. The conflict? My heart keeps telling my to push forward, my child is a little different, he has issues, these issues are pointing to the "A" word, and I will not rest until I get a diagnosis.

I am a fighter. I always have been. I don't give up and I won't give up. In fact, my favorite saying:


For now, my goal is to take it one day at a time. My next goal is to get on here and open my big mouth to help others!

Please share with me any resources or ideas. We Mom's (and some Dad's too) gotta stick together.

1 comment:

  1. ***Update*** The ADOS test did not happen due to the psychologist needing to be off for family crisis. It was rescheduled for January 4th but I had to cancel because of work. Now, finally, it is scheduled for Friday, January 11, 2013. I hope we get the answers and diagnosis we need to move forward. All I want is help for my son!

    ReplyDelete