Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dancing

Looking back to this episode of "So You Think You Can Dance", I now get why they were so emotional. I got it when watching the show and I teared up but I didn't get it, get it...you know what I mean? You see, the back story to this dance was that the choreographer, Jean Marc Genereux, designed this dance for his daughter who has Rett Syndrome and was performed June 18, 2008. Little did I know, that my own special child would be born exactly one month later! (I only just now realized this and I am tearing up...) In fact, my labor started while watching SYTYCD! Now, I watch my son dance, oh so uncoordinated, and just smile. From this, I wondered how dance could help a quirky kid...




Hope Dances is an outreach program all about dance for special needs! Not in my area but it exists.

Dancelot East Side of Cincinnati (a little too far for us) offers dance classes for special needs children here on the east side of Cincinnati.

Sadly I haven't found any dance studios on my side of town! =( I am going to contact our local dance studies here in my city to further investigate. I googled music classes (since I didn't have luck with dance) in my city for special needs and got this: ODE and Music Therapy Cincinnati and Families with ASD Music Therapy References.




No comments:

Post a Comment